BAKU, Azerbaijan, August 18. Qatar has condemned a drone attack targeting senior officials in Iraq’s Kurdistan Region, describing the incident as a “blatant violation” of Iraqi sovereignty and international law.
Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the attack on Monday targeted the office of Kurdistan Regional Government Prime Minister Masrour Barzani as well as the head of the semi-autonomous region’s security and intelligence agency.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, the ministry described the attack as a “blatant violation of the sovereignty of the Republic of Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, as well as a flagrant breach of the rules of international law”.
Doha stressed the importance of protecting the region from the consequences of what it called unjustified attacks and urged all sides to maintain dialogue, diplomacy and de-escalation.
Qatar said such an approach would contribute to strengthening security and stability at both regional and international levels.
The Kurdistan Counter-Terrorism Service said on Monday that two Hadid-110 drones were involved in the attacks, according to a statement cited by Iraq’s state news agency.
The Kurdistan Region’s intelligence and security agency said the drones had been launched from Iranian territory. It did not clarify whether the drones successfully struck their intended targets.
The allegations concerning the origin of the drones have not been independently confirmed in the information provided.







