Last minute

Iran South Pars Phase 14 Pars Oil and Gas Company Touraj Dehqani

Recovery at damaged South Pars Phase 14 refinery reaches 70%, Iran says

BAKU, Azerbaijan, August 22. Restoration of production capacity at the Phase 14 refinery in Iran’s South Pars gasfield has reached 70 percent and is expected to be completed by the end of the current Iranian calendar year, according to the head of the state-owned Pars Oil and Gas Company.

Pars Oil and Gas Company CEO Touraj Dehqani said reconstruction work began immediately after the refinery was hit during the 12-day war in June last year, Iran’s Oil Ministry news agency SHANA reported.

According to Dehqani, work is progressing to restore the refinery’s damaged infrastructure and return its production capacity to pre-attack levels.

Reconstruction is also under way at the third and fifth South Pars refineries. Dehqani said those two facilities sustained the most severe damage among the four refineries affected during the conflict.

Initial assessments indicated that completely rebuilding the damaged facilities could require at least three years.

However, Iranian authorities have since accelerated the reconstruction programme and are now seeking to complete the overall restoration of the affected South Pars facilities within two years.

South Pars is a critical component of Iran’s energy infrastructure and plays a major role in the country’s natural gas production, making the restoration of damaged facilities strategically important for domestic energy supplies and the broader Iranian economy.

Related articles