Istanbul Commerce University and Philip Kotler Academy, established by the "father of modern marketing" Philip Kotler, have signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC), the university told TurkicWorld.
The signing ceremony took place in the Senate Hall of the Istanbul Commerce University, chaired by the Rector, Prof. Dr. Yucel Ogurlu, and was attended by vice-rectors Prof. Dr. Abdul Halim Zaim and Prof. Dr. Elcin Aykac Alp, Director of Social Sciences Institute Prof. Dr. Figen Yildirim, and Director of Continuing Education Center Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hanifi Parlar.
Meantime, the Vice President of the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce and Member of the University Board of Trustees Dr. Israfil Kuralay and Philip Kotler Academy officials joined the meeting virtually. The mentioned protocol envisages the establishment of joint education programs, as well as business and marketing academies between the two institutions.
While delivering a speech at the signing ceremony, Rector Prof. Dr. Ogurlu thanked the Kotler Academy officials and expressed his satisfaction with the protocol. He underscored the importance of the agreement for both institutions.
The memorandum signed between Istanbul Commerce University and Philip Kotler Academy contains the following clauses:
- An academy/institute that will offer the education programs developed by Philip Kotler Academy will be established in Türkiye.
- Istanbul Commerce University offers education programs at Philip Kotler Academy at its Continuing Education and Distance Education Centers. The two institutions will embolden each other in the development and implementation of these education programs.
- Philip Kotler Academy instructors will be able to teach at Istanbul Commerce University.
- Business Administration graduate programs will be held by Philip Kotler Academy and Istanbul Commerce University. Along with these, innovative education programs such as Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs in Health Management and Economics and Engineering Management Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Business Development programs may also be developed on an as-needed basis.
- The certificates to be awarded to the participants upon completion of joint education programs will be jointly signed by Istanbul Commerce University and Philip Kotler Academy.
- Parties will be able to establish the Philip Kotler Center of Advanced Marketing, the Al Ries Perfect Positioning Center, the Peter F. Drucker Center of Excellence in Management, and the David Aaker Center of Brand Excellence.
The five-year contract can be extended for five years upon the request and approval of the parties.
The TurkicWorld media platform is the official media partner of Istanbul Commerce University.