The Azerbaijani Army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called 'Iron Fist', in response to Armenian armed forces on September 27, 2020, Trendreports.
The 44-day second Karabakh war ended with liberation of Azerbaijan’s territories from nearly 30-year Armenian occupation.
Trend presents chronicle of Azerbaijan's second Karabakh war for October 1, 2020:
- President of the Republic of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko made a phone call to President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
- The Armenian armed forces units subjected Azerbaijan's Tartar city to artillery fire once again. As a result of Armenia's large-scale provocations, 19 Azerbaijani civilians were killed, a teacher suffered shrapnel wounds, and 11 schools were destroyed.
- Nearly 200 tanks, 228 artillery installations, 30 air defense systems of the Armenian armed forces were disabled.
- The list of the Armenian armed forces' military losses was unveiled. The enemy's military columns moving in different directions of the frontline were destroyed.
- Following the battles in the Fuzuli direction, the Armenian military equipment was captured.